Thursday 11 February 2010

Swings and roundabouts

Craig and I had a bit of a role reversal today, Craig racking up a successful day on the felt, and I, very nearly busting myself through tiredness and stupidity.

Since withdrawing 85% of my bankroll at the end of December I was pretty sure I'd have another month like December, assuming in my head I could 'beat' the 1/2c games and would have $100 in my account pretty sharpish, but it was not to be. After a shocking January and a poor start to February the situation was dire, at times I dipped below $10 and alarms were going off, lights were flashing etc etc etc. One of these days came yesterday, and my sheer desire not to redeposit despite being well in the black overall can put me on tilt without having seen a card yet.

Luckily having people around me to calm me down, talk through my game a little I went back to my hand histories and started to look for my big leaks when I'm multitabling. A few hours I was back on the tables having made some (secret) adjustments to my game and pulled myself out of the hole I'd myself into and finished on a slightly healthier $20. Crisis adverted, for now.
£2000 giveaway, 1861/7870
£250 second chance, 1563/4314

Craig on the other hand had a much better day than the day before and racked up 4 $10 PLO Double or Nothing victories for a tasty $40 profit and then had a great run in the £2000 giveaway to start plugging the holes in his BR left on Tuesday!
£2000 Giveaway, 193/7870 - $2.84

Andy had an interesting first day with us at Tilt Proof Poker, getting emotionally scarred early on by a story including the himalayas, nudity, whisky, chequers and a monsoon in no particular order he managed to pull his game together despite this early setback to produce a solid days poker. He ended the day $4 up at $49, at one point dropping as low as $39, showing good resilience to keep going through the downswing to finish strongly. He lost a little in PLO hi/lo tourneys but cashed in the £2k freeroll for a second day in a row (despite missing the add-on period both days) and has vowed to limit himself to only 1 tourney a day excluding freerolls while he builds his bankroll.

No comments:

Post a Comment